Sunday, June 14, 2015

Update!!

I'm back in Uganda now, and it's been awhile since my last post.  I visited the YWAM base in Kigali, and it was beautiful.





I talked with the man who runs the Vocational Training School there, and got some interesting info.  

The rest of my time in Rwanda I visited new friends, went to church on Sunday, and relaxed.  Then I traveled back to Uganda on the weekend.


While I was in Rwanda and when I returned, I spent a lot of time considering my future at Hope Land.  I thought about how things are going, and about what I wanted to learn by coming here, and what I wanted to do.  And I have reached a decision… I will be coming home at the end of this month.  I have several reasons for deciding this, but mainly I feel like I will be able to serve God better from home.  I have learned very clearly one important thing about my calling - I am not called to be a missionary abroad.  I am called to live and work at home, while using my resources to support projects and ministries in Africa.  If I had not come back to Uganda, I would not have learned this yet, and so I am grateful for returning.  God-willing I will definitely be back in East Africa many times, but I am certain now that I am not called to live here permanently.

As for things at Hope Land, they are not quite as I expected, and I don't foresee myself accomplishing much of what I thought I might do.  But there are ways at home that I desire to serve, things that I have much more motivation for.  So I have decided to follow where I have more passion and will be better able to serve with a joyful heart.

So, for the next two weeks I am around the base, trying to serve in small ways wherever I can.  We had the girls vocational training school graduation yesterday, and on the 27th will be the school of biblical studies graduation.  Other than that, not much is happening, so I am getting a lot of quiet time to pray, read, and study Swahili!



 

No comments:

Post a Comment