Monday, August 25, 2014

Class starts

Hello everyone!

Sorry that I couldn't write for awhile. There was a storm yesterday that knocked out the power for about 24 hours. When the power goes out, we also lose the pump that make the water run..so it's been interesting. But now we are back up and running!

Today was the first day of class. Mostly we got to know each other, went over some guidelines, and were shown around the base.
There are such amazing people here for DTS. Maybe about 8 westerners, and 14-15 Africans. Countries represented include US, Canada, UK, Cameroon, Ethiopia, Uganda, Tanzania, and Kenya. Some of these folks have incredible stories. Some of them have suffered much hardship. I am humbled to be with them.

Class will be very busy. I won't be able to write too often. Our schedule is from 6am-5:30pm Monday through Friday. And we are to read ten chapters of scripture per night. Oh my!  But I will do my best to update you on the weekends, maybe.

It is wonderful here, with so many nationalities. The westerners must learn to speak slowly, because some of our African friends have only spoken English for a few months or years. But we also have to ask them to repeat themselves often, because their African accent is strong. So it is a little odd on both ends, right now, until we get used to it.



Yesterday I went with some new friends to a place called Kingfisher. It's a resort where you can pay to use the pool. We celebrated the birthday of two girls. It was fun! But now the real work begins :)

I will try soon to figure out how to post photos on here..right now I'm not sure. But I'll try!

No comments:

Post a Comment