Sunday, April 26, 2015

Arrived in Uganda


Hello from Uganda!  I have safely reached the YWAM base here in Jinja.

Many things feel different this time. I am living in a different area of the base, at a building called the Lighthouse.  It's away from all the hustle and bustle of DTS dorms and staff, so it's quiet here... but I don't know where everything is yet.






Right now the girls' side doesn't have running water, so I'm getting used to that again right away.  But we have electricity, which is nice.  I'll be living in a small room with a girl that I met last time I was here, a lovely Tanzanian girl who is here to staff the School of Agriculture that starts in July.



The Lighthouse has the classroom and the dorms for the School of Biblical Studies (SBS), so I'm close to my friends who are here finishing their SBS term.




It's rainy season here again, so everything is very green and extremely humid.  It wasn't this humid last time I was here… it feels like a rain forest!




There are new puppies here again, and they are adorable!




So, things are the same but also very different.  I can tell that it will take me a few days to adjust… it's harder when you are the only one who is adjusting.  I don't have a class full of students who are also learning how to live here; it's just me who is new.  It feels uncomfortable right now, this new setting and the humidity and mosquitoes, but I think that during the week I will start to remember how much I loved this place and will start to feel comfortable here again.  For now, I am just trying to relax today, figure out where things are on this side of the base, remember how to live without running water, catch up with friends who are still here, etc.  And for now I am really leaning on God's promises to use me here, to do good works through me, and to help me learn a lot about Africa for my future endeavors.

No comments:

Post a Comment