Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Healthy enough to slash

The antibiotics that I received seem to have worked well on whatever I had, and I am feeling much better now.  I'm well enough to participate in work duty again, which is on Mondays and Tuesdays.

I volunteered to be on the slashing team for work duties.  I've always loved slashing.  It's how they maintain the grass here, instead of using a machine.  A slasher is similar in shape to a golf club, but the ends are very sharp.  You just swing it and it chops the grass.  I find it pretty fun, although you get blisters pretty quickly.








We also had a birthday party tonight for one of the boys in School of Biblical Studies.  They bought chickens from the Discovery Center here at Hope Land and cooked them.  Watching them cook chicken always takes away my appetite for chicken.






 But it was a fun little party, and plenty of extra food!






I'm feeling blessed to be healthy again.  I've been attending some meetings for Homes of Hope and Vocational Training School, but right now there are a lot of ideas flowing but not a lot of assignments to do.  The other few people involved in VTS are flying to Dar Es Salaam, Tanzania next week to visit a YWAM base with a VTS and get more ideas.  Once they return from that trip, we should be able to move forward and start some more solid planning.  

No comments:

Post a Comment