Friday, May 8, 2015

PA DTS Graduation

Today was an exciting day at the base, because the Performing Arts Discipleship Training School had their graduation.  This is the first time a DTS in East Africa has had the focus of performing arts, and it seems like it was very successful.  They learned a lot of dramas, skits, and dances, many of which they performed at their graduation.  Most of them were representations of Gospel stories or concepts, and some of them were very powerful!




Me and Geofrey, who I sponsored



I'll be somewhat busy this weekend.  Tomorrow we are supposed to check the machines that we use to make blocks for Homes of Hope, and I am also hoping to go visit an orphanage across the street.  As I was in the prayer garden a few days ago a teenage boy came and talked with me, and he lives at the orphanage.  I want to do some research about opening an orphanage anyway, so I said I would come and visit the place.

Then next week we have more meetings (Homes of Hope meetings on Mondays, VTS meetings on Tuesdays, staff meetings on Wednesdays), and then on Thursday I will fly to Dar Es Salaam, Tanzania, with the VTS team.  The YWAM base in Dar Es Salaam has a good VTS, so we are going there to check it out and get ideas.  We will return to Uganda on May 21, and then on May 25 I will travel to Rwanda with Geofrey to spend some time doing research about orphanages and also to visit the YWAM Kigali base to see their VTS.

So, busy times are ahead!  I'm looking forward to seeing some more of East Africa :)

No comments:

Post a Comment